Friday, February 18, 2011

Adding an Upstairs Utility Room



Over this past weekend I began my work on adding an upstairs utility room. This is not something that an average DIY should attempt.   I began by terminating a range outlet that had a double pole 50 amp breaker.  I rewired the circuit to its current location with 10/3 wire and installed a double pole 30 amp breaker.  I tested the voltage at the receptacle and my readings were 240v.  I made sure while installing the new wire and the new breaker that all the power was off.  240V is very dangerous and will kill you. 

Once that phase of the process was completed, it's now time to move onto the rough in plumbing.  You can actually find gasket suppliers and other various plumbing items online but I just made a trip to home depot.   I gathered various materials like orings, hoses, pvc pipe, fastener systems, and other items needed for the installation. 

The following photo's show the rough in from the upstairs, second floor all the way down to the basement.  I then hooked into the original sewer.  Once the laundry room is completely finished with drywall, tile flooring and the actual washer and dryer I will come back and update you with finished photos.








1 comments:

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Looks like a great project!
Good luck.

Just checking my followers out, and noticed I haven't had followed you back. sorry i'm following now.

Have a great day!
Betty

Post a Comment